2017 Lenten Offerings
Wednesday Lenten Study/Soup Suppers – Revelation: Unfolding the Mystery – Join us each Wednesday evening during Lent, beginning March 8th, for soup and an exploration of the exciting Book of Revelation. Dinner begins at 6:00 with the study starting at 6:30. Christian Formation Director, Lee Ann Mack, will facilitate.
Spiritual/Contemplative Lenten Disciplines:
Christian Ed. Hour – Instead of giving up something for Lent this year, what about taking something on? Let’s spend Lent exploring spiritual practices. If you read along with Father Jim in the book Tools Matter for Practicing The Spiritual Life, then you will have already been introduced to some new ways of experiencing God’s presence. Even if you didn’t read the book, you can still come try a few new things. We’ll meet to discuss the interest of the group and then explore a couple of new ideas each week of Lent. Join us in the library, Sundays at 10:00 a.m. beginning on March 5th, for a short study on spiritual practices, led by Karen Price.
Evening Prayer – every Wednesday at 5:30, just prior to the soup suppers. Stations of the Cross – every Friday at noon.
2017 Holy Week Schedule
- Sunday, Apr 9 – Palm Sunday services at 8:30am, 11:00am, and 5:00pm
- Monday, Apr 10 – Holy Eucharist at 5:30pm
- Tuesday, Apr 11 – Holy Eucharist at 5:30pm
- Wednesday, Apr 12 – Holy Eucharist at Noon and 5:30pm
- Maundy Thursday, Apr 13 – Holy Eucharist at 7:00pm, including foot washing
- Good Friday, Apr 14 – Stations of the Cross at noon, Good Friday service at 7:00pm
- Holy Saturday, Apr 15 – Prayers at the Tomb at 10:00am, Easter Vigil at 8:00pm Easter
- Easter Sunday, Apr 16 – Services at 8:30am and 11:00am (no evening service) Children’s egg hunt at 10:00am
- Monday, Apr 17 – church office closed.